Rubric for "Adopting the Creator Mindset" Essays for ENF 2
(Since some of you asked: Length is at least 2 FULL pages to three full pages.)
- Set the
- Narrow the
focus/provide needed background info
- Including a paraphrased definition or description of Creator and Victim behavior
- Clearly state the thesis. The thesis is about your cholice to be a Creator or Victim. (It IS a choice, so what do YOU choose?)
o A thesis statement is NOT an announcement of intention
o States the subject matter
o Is unified
o Clearly indicates the writer’s
o Contain the “key words” if
*Optional body paragraph 1--(IF you wrote this paragraph. If you didn't, don't even ask me about it. If you don't know, then you didn't, so don't ask me about it.)
- Describe a time when you were a victim, small v, not capital V.
- Describes a Victim that you know, showing, through specific examples of the person's behavior (and not through generalizations), that this person makes the choices a Victim makes, speaks Victim language, or lets things happen rather than makes things happen as he or she would desire.
- Describes a Creator that you know, showing, through specific examples of the person's behavior (and not through generalizations), that this person makes the choices a Creator makes, speaks Creator language, and makes things happen as he or she would desire.
Body paragraph 3
- Discusses YOUR choice: Will you choose to be a Creator or a Victim?
- Shows how you will act the Creator role (or how you ARE being a Creator) in order to achieve your desired outcomes as a college student. BE SPECIFIC, not general. "I will try" really means, I plan to fail and I am giving myself an excuse for failure.
Concluding paragraph: Some things to consider about conclusions
· Must bring
· Can paraphrase
your main points
· Comment again on
the subject matter
· Call for action
on the part of the reader
Also use this page: Revision and Editing Checklist from the Guide to Grammar and Writing
to Mr. D's index page